Exporting schemas using Schema Registry API
One of the methods of exporting schemas registered in Schema Registry into a JSON
file is using the Schema Registry API. The file that you export can be used to import the
exported schemas into a different Schema Registry. You can also export schemas using
curl through the command line.
The following steps walk you through how you can export schemas by using the Schema Registry Swagger UI.
- Ensure that the cluster, its hosts, and all its services are healthy.
- Ensure that Schema Registry is commissioned and running.
- Ensure that you have access to all credentials that are required to access and use Schema Registry.
- If you are using the Swagger UI on a Kerberos enabled Schema Registry service, ensure that the browser you are using is configured to use Kerberos.
- In Management Console, go to Data Hub clusters.
- Find and select the Data Hub cluster you want to export schemas from.
Under Services, click Schema
The Schema Registry web UI opens in a new tab.
In the tab that has the Schema Registry web UI open, replace
/ui/#at the end of the URL with
- Select GET /api/v1/schemaregistry/schemas/aggregated.
- Click Try it out.
- Click Execute.
- Click Download found at the bottom right of the Response body pane to download the exported schemas.