Setting a Schema Registry ID range
Learn how to set an ID range for schemas in Schema Registry using Cloudera Manager.
An ID range that is unique to a Schema Registry instance can be set in Cloudera Manager on the Schema Registry service’s configuration page. Configuring an ID range does not alter already existing schemas.
- Ensure that the cluster, its hosts, and all its services are healthy.
- Ensure that Schema Registry is commissioned and running.
- Ensure that you have access to all credentials that are required to access and use Schema Registry.
- Plan ahead and designate ID ranges for each Schema Registry instance. Ensure that the planned ranges do not overlap.
- Ensure that the ID range you plan to configure has enough IDs. Base the size of your range on the approximate number of schemas you expect to have.
- In Cloudera Manager, select the Schema Registry service.
- Go to Configuration.
Find and configure the following properties:
- ID Offset Range Minimum
- ID Offset Range Maximum
Configure the properties according to your planned ID ranges. For example, if you want to have an ID range of 1-100, set ID Offset Range Minimum to 1 and ID Offset Range Maximum to 100.
- Click Save Changes.
- Restart Schema Registry.